Here are some green rug cleaning tips:
- Spot clean by sprinkling baking soda on the stain and spraying or pouring white vinegar on it. Let it bubble up and scrub it until it is gone. This doesn't leave a residue and is great for furniture too! Plus it is cheap.
- Do you have an oil or greasy spot on the rug? Just coat with baking soda and vacuum it up.
- Use vinegar and essential oil in a carpet cleaner instead of commercial chemicals.
- For gum on the carpet, freeze with ice cubes and break off.
- Use peroxide for smelly stains (ex. cat urine). Make sure to test in an inconspicuous area first to be sure it doesn't lighten the fibers.
|Photo Credit: www.freedigitalphotos.net|
Periodically, a carpet is going to need a nice deep clean. This will help increase the life of your carpet as well as minimize dust and allergens. You will want to find a company that does green rug cleaning. Usually they stick with biodegradable, plant based cleaners that are non-toxic and eco-friendly.
Keep the air in your home fresh, NATURALLY! :)
Brought to you by: Green Choice (NYC)