It has happened to the best of us. Getting locked out of your car can be quite inconvenient. I have done it while my car was running. Thankfully, I was in a small town full of neighborly people and I was able to get a ride home. Now that I have children I want to be sure that I am prepared if this is to happen again, especially in the winter! It helps to keep a spare key on you and to have your cell phone in your pocket instead of a bag or purse, where it could get left in the car.
|Photo Credit: www.freedigitalphotos.net|
What to do if you get locked out:
- Whip out that trusty cell phone!
- See if someone has a "jimmy." It is a device that you slide between the window and the door. It can save you a lot of money.
- Call your insurance company. Our plan covers service calls and tows. Definitely a must!
- Call your local police station. Many times they will have the tools to help out. It's worth a shot if you don't have coverage through your insurance.
- Call a locksmith, like Quick LockWorks, Calgary locksmith. They will be able to unlock your vehicle quickly and professionally, for a fee.
- No reception? You may need to break a window especially if you have kids in the car.
Be sure your registration and license are up to date. The last thing you need is a locked car and a ticket.
Brought to you by Quick LockWorks 104-3223 83 St. NW - Calgary - Alberta - T3B 5N1 - Canada - (403) 202-7656